Sunday, 1 July 2012

Kill them with Kindness

Pinned Image
Think of the nicest person you know. Everyone has one. Mine is Poppy, I’ve known her for what seems like forever. She’s level headed, always puts other first, she thinks the best of everyone and always sees the bright side no matter how gloomy things are.
Think about the last time that someone did something really kind for you. Mine was a card from Pops, just coz she noticed I was having a rough day. My mood instantly changed.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what a difference it makes when people are nice, and how often we are surprised when people (especially strangers) do something selfless for us. It’s a pity we don’t all practise more random acts of kindness. It’s not always easy to be empathetic or understanding but it would genuinely affect the whole world if we did it, even just a little, more often.

I’m pretty open minded when it comes to all things spiritual and if there’s one thing I feel really passionate about it’s the concept of karma.
Karma is the idea that how you treat people and your self (self respect!) impacts every part of your life. Unfortunately, bad stuff will inevitably happen to each of us but being a good person and creating good energy (so the theory goes) should help you create a happier and more fulfilling life.

This month, I challenge you to reject any instinct you might have to be indifferent or disinterested to the people around you (friends, family, randoms on the street) by channelling the kindness and calmness of the nice girls (like Poppy) that you have in your life. I’d bet that the universe will pay you back.

Xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Karma is quite real and I don't think many people realize it!

    -Chelsea
    thequantumview

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) my life philosophy is "kindness is free." my friend charity writes about kindness all the time. here is her blog post from today. i think you might like it, maybe?

    http://alovelylittleworld.blogspot.com/2012/07/paying-it-forward-things-ive-seen.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much! I'll definitely check her out!!

      Delete

Your comments make my heart happy!