Monday, 13 August 2012

Classic Movie Monday!

Classics. Where they roll the credits at the beginning. It’s like the movie is inviting us into that worthy experience. It’s comforting in an odd sort of way.
Movies that had the names of Bogart, Bergman, Hepburn, Grant, Stewart and Grace Kelly. The list goes on and on.
Classics. They don’t make movies like they used to, which is a shame if you ask me…

Casablanca
1942 - Humphrey Bogart & Ingrid Bergman 
“They had a date with fate in Casablanca!”
It’s the fact that everything went together perfectly. Bogart is the essential hero that everyone wanted to win. The way he talks, not just his dialogue but his voice, his utterly charming and sexy way of speaking is what I swoon for. I love the way he’s so cynical and hard-hearted while deep down being so compassionate and sentimental. And the simple fact that he sacrifices the love of his life for a higher cause is what makes this movie so great. Don’t get me started on Ingrid Bergman, her beauty is beyond words and their chemistry is electrifying. And that ending, just wow.
Oh, AND it’s in black and white! Just perfection.
Pinned Image
[.] As Time Goes By – just perfection
Pinned Image
[.] “Here’s looking at you, kid.”
[.] The iconic sequence that is the duel of the songs always makes me cry like a baby!
[.] “Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”
Pinned Image
[.]“We’ll always have Paris.”

This year also marks the 70th Anniversary of its release!
Have you seen Casablanca ? What do you think about it?
I hope you love it as much as I do!
Xx
 

1 comment:

Your comments make my heart happy!