Thursday, 11 October 2012

10 Day YOU challenge: 8 Fears

Pinned Image
[.]
This one was particularly hard because I have a huge list of fears.
It’s weird because I’m not scared of the dark or heights or open water, I’m fine with all of those, it’s just silly to me that I get frightened by a tiny little rabbit and I'm not worried about dying! Ok, I’m not afraid of dying just what happens after, where do we go? It’s all unknown, that’s what petrifies me, but that’s not on the list!
Also not on the list is ‘losing someone that I love’ because I just can’t bear to think about that.
 
8 Fears:
(Irrational or not…)
 
1.      Being murdered/kidnapped. Especially if I’m home alone and there’s an intruder. This is my biggest fear. I hate watching crime shows and real life murder mysteries!
 
2.       Not seeing the World before I die. Exploring the world is my biggest dream and I’m scared that I won’t be able to accomplish that, for whatever reason.
 
3.       Driving. I hate driving. I’m really terrified of getting into an accident. I know how safe and cautious I can be, it’s other drivers I don’t trust. At 23 I’m the only one of my friends that doesn’t have their drivers licence.
 
4.       Speaking in front of large crowds. I despise it, and thank God I’ve avoided for most of my life! I have panic attacks just speaking in front of about 10 people!!
 
5.       Pregnancy/Childbirth. I have an aversion to anything that relates to pregnancy. I have to switch 16 & Pregnant off when they go into labour! And I can’t watch doco shows about childbirth and delivery etc. I am absolutely scared to death of the thought of giving birth. I also get really nervous if a pregnant friend says ‘here, feel my bump!!’ Crazy, right!?!
 
6.       Not being a good Mother. Ok, so this totally contradicts my last fear but if I ever get over that and have children I’m petrified of not being a good Mum. I’m so lucky to have such an amazing Mother but what if I don’t have maternal instincts like her?
 
7.       Rats/Mice/Birds/Snakes/Hamsters/Rabbits etc. I’m terrified of small animals with beady little eyes. I know rabbits are cute and what-not but they freak me the f out!! There’s also this one squirrel that sits outside my house and waits for me. Everyone thinks I’m crazy but it really gives me the creeps !!
 
8.       Doctors/Dentists. I never go to either because I fear they will find something extremely wrong, I know that’s stupid but it really worries me. I also don’t like being touched by strangers!!
 
Honourable Mentions:
Losing my memory.
Public toilets.
Dying alone.
Fire.
Losing my memory card from my camera!!
 
 
What are your fears?
Xx



4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I love the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on a few of these especially the child birth one! For me that's off the table I will just adopt. My hats off to the women that do go thru that but it's such a horror story in my head I know I will never do it.

    Found you threw the followers to friends hop :)

    Ashley
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, I love your honesty. I have a weird fear of flushing in public toilets, because I once saw a film where an intruder burst in and kidnapped the main character but nobody could hear her struggles because of the noise of the flushing toilet. So now whenever I flush I freak out and have to run out of the cubicle... weird eh? x)

    http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so brave of you to share these. i'm not fond of rats or mice either. :P

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!