Monday, 12 November 2012

30 Days Hath November Challenge:
Days 9 & 10!

Day 09: A close-up of my day.
 
OK, so a close-up of my day is actually pretty lame and boring, and every day is completely different, so let me share with you the highlight of my day…
Penny Lane.
 
Day 10: A favourite recipe.
Mississippi Mud Pie.
 
Let me tell you, mine will never look as good as the source I found it from, but man, it tasted like heaven!!
 
Ingredients
 1 (9-inch) store-bought piecrust (I could fill 2 piecrusts and had a lot left over!!)
 1 stick(s) unsalted butter
 1 3/4 cup(s) sugar
 4 tablespoon(s) cocoa
 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
 4 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
Whipped Cream
Chocolate Flakes
 
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line crust(s) with baking paper and weight with pie weights, bake until dough is lightly golden and set, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pie and cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
2. For filling: In a bowl, stir together butter, sugar, and cocoa until well combined. Add flour, eggs, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared crust(s) and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Remove pie from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Gently mound cream over pie and sprinkle with chocolate flakes. Devour to your heart’s content!





2 comments:

  1. oh penny lane is super cute, & that pie looks so yummy delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cats :3
    I am hungry hehe :) Can I get a piece?

    Aree
    http://areewithumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!