Thursday, 29 November 2012

Meaningless Words.


I sit at my desk as I write this, a hot cup of green tea beside me, my fourth one today, I’m addicted to this stuff! My tummy is rumbling for some food, I’m craving melted peanut butter on toast, the best way to eat it. Should I dare? I’ve been living off fruit and vegetables, bland chicken and green tea and I’m seriously dying for some chocolate. The sunshine outside looks so inviting, I should get some fresh air, but this cool, dark room is satisfying enough. My bike ride this morning was enough nourishment for my soul - it instantly makes me feel good for the rest of the day. I can hear the TV in the other room, that too is so welcoming, maybe I’ll lie down and watch re-runs of True Blood. Then again, I do have a whole list of things to do. A pile of papers stare at me, and I have some Christmas gift tags to make, I also have to vacuum and search Mums recipe books for some Christmas desserts, but that will only make me crave bad (but amazing) foods. The Guy next door is playing a riff on his guitar, I’m trying to figure out what it is, it’s on the tip of my tongue, ugh, don’t you hate that? It’s either Wonderwall  or Smells Like Teen Spirit. Yes, it’s definitely one of those. I think I’ll go blast some Nirvana now and vacuum a little. But not before making that melted peanut butter on toast.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Sometimes I write about nothing at all, just to write.

    Thanks for following! Following you back now!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this "meaningless words" post. did you figure out if it was teen spirit or wonderwall? they sound completely different, don't ya think? well they are both from the 90's right?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!