Monday, 3 December 2012

I Heart Christmas: Christmas Decorations


My Christmas Tree. In case you didn't know, I'm obsessed with Christmas! There's something about this time of year that I just love. One of my favourite things about Christmas is putting up the tree. My family have had this tree since before I was born, and she’s still going strong! (Obvs she is plastic, I’ve never ever had a real live tree but I would love to someday!) Our tree is always usually gold, (gold baubles, gold tinsel, gold everything! ) my Mum likes everything to be matchy matchy! We do however have coloured lights that flicker and flash! I think I agree with her here, I love seeing everyone’s trees with loads of different colours, it’s so bright and fun, but I do love that ours is always one colour, it feels like I’m living in a fancy department stores window display or something!
 
What do you think, do you like just the one colour or are you bold and colourful and like to mix it up?
 
I was also discussing my ‘tree etiquette’ with a pal, he puts his up over a month before Christmas, now I know I’m Mrs Christmas and all and I would love to put my tree up that early but it’s always been tradition in my house to put it up on the 1st of December and it comes down on the 6th of Jan, which is the 12th day of Christmas.
What is your tree etiquette?
 
My Favourite Ornament. I got these amazing Mickey and Minnie Christmas Ornaments from Disneyland Paris about four years ago, I think they are so beautiful and everyone always comments about how lovely they are!
 

Decorations. I don’t go overboard with decorating my house, we do hang our stockings which my Mum made when we were kids, we have a cute snowman wreath and a dancing Santa!! We also have super cute candleholders, little angels and a mini Santa (which used to creep me out!) I’ve also made some red and green paper flowers to scatter around the family room and some snowman cards just to hang about the place! Now I’m definitely in a Christmasy mood!!!!!
 
I can’t wait to see what everyone’s Holiday decorations look like, I’m so nosey!!

Happy December lovely! Xx


13 comments:

  1. Yay for Christmas, I'm totally obsessed too! I put my tree up on the first (mine is real, it smells divine!) and I've just spent today decorating my kitchen etc. I'll put photos up tomorrow hopefully!

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today I appreciate it! I just noticed you're a no-rely blogger though, if you want to fix it this tutorial is really helpful!
    http://mrslambsclass.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/what-im-no-reply-blogger-google-fix.html

    Merry Christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW! Thank you so much (to be honest I'm not sure what the no-reply actually means!) But I have fixed, thanks for letting me know lovely!!!

      xx

      Delete
  2. New follower from the GCF Hop. Hope you will hop over and follow back! Glad to have found you!

    Julie @ Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk
    www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, I'm now your newest follower! xx

      Delete
  3. Look at all of those presents alraedy!!
    Gah, I wish I was that on top of things!
    Still so much to do!!
    Great blog dear, I found you through the blog hop :)
    XO Angela
    http://fashionablecents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just checked you blog out, adorable!!!
      xx

      Delete
  4. your all gold tree is lovely! :) i like how you photographed the colored flashing lights too. when i was little, my mom did our tree all decorated in red with red lights. my grandma had hers all in blue lights. then when i grew up i wanted an all white tree with white lights. in 2008, my husband and i bought jewel colored ornaments with white lights. we put the tree up anytime after thanksgiving. we usually have the christmas decor put away before january 1, to start the new year clean. below's a link to my blog post with decor from 2008.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/2008/12/early-merry-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I think an all white tree would be beautiful, definitely like living in a department store!

      xx

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful tree and decorations! Found you on the blog hop! New follower:)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through Sweet Pea Sylvie's blog hop, i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your tree! we don't have one (just a mini one that i'm terrible and still haven't gotten out yet) - but i can't wait to go home where my mom has about eight trees that go up throughout the house :) its magical - glad i found your blog through the friends to followers hop and excited to be your newest follower (maybe stalker is a more accurate word)!
    love,
    elisabeth

    p.s. i'd love for you to drop by lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com and say hi when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay you're right. Christmas is the best holiday, and I love Christmas trees. I went to a Festival of Trees last weekend, and it was awesome to see all of the different creative ideas people came up with for their trees.

    I just found your blog and I'm so excited to read more! I'm your newest follower!

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!