Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Birthday Week!!


Hey Cuties! Today is the start of my Birthday week! Gah. Yes, I'm excited it's Birthday week but the fact that I'm turning twenty four  makes me quiver in my boots. Anyone who knows me knows that I tend to get a little bummed out when my Birthday is nearing. I don't know why, or how, but it always seems to sneak up out of nowhere. It's so silly that I get so down about having another birthday because I always seem to have a smashing Birthday week (and an even more fabulous Birthday!) - mostly thanks to my amazing Mum and Dad!!

On the one hand I know you are only as old as you feel and you should enjoy every second, but on the other I feel like I haven't accomplished anything in the past year. I feel at somewhat of a loss. I feel so old. I just want to start all over again. I don't even know what I want from this year. A lot of my friends are having babies and getting engaged or married and I'm not even close (or ready) for that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a crazy cat lady. And you know what? I think I'm ok with that.


Anyway, I'm hoping to add a little cheer and sparkle to this special week, I'm defs trying to shake off the Birthday blues! I have plans to catch up with some girlfriends, shopping trips, spaghetti date night (my fave), stuffing myself with cake and chocolate, snuggling up with Catcher in the Rye and my favourite TV show box-sets like The Office and 30 Rock! I'm also going to play The Beatles allllll week and Mum and I are going to see Jersey Boys YAY!
And I may or may not have some more random Birthday week posts for you!


My big question: Is twenty four classified as mid-twenties or am I still lucky enough to be clinging on to early twenties?! Yikes, I don't even want to know! But as my Gran would say "You've got your whole life ahead of you, darling!"  Yes, I certainly do.
Now, I'm going to bake some cupcakes and snuggle in bed with 30 Rock. 
And so commences Birthday week... 


6 comments:

  1. Hurrah for birthday week! And 24 is still early twenties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay birthdays :))) It'll be great :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely still early twenties! Twenty-four was one my favorite years, enjoy yours! Getting older still sucks though :) Happy Birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via GFC and bloglovin'! Hope you'll get a chance to visit me :o) You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a bunch for the follow back on bloglovin'! Appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly girl!!! 24 is still early twenties!!! But I promise, you're still VERY young!!!! ENJOY this time! There is no race to the altar or baby making. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY GIRL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!