Sunday, 26 May 2013

Sunday Social



I'm feeling really nostalgic and somewhat jealous after doing this post - all you lucky ducks who have started summer have a blast!! I'm just about to go into winter over here! Booooo.

1. What is your best summer memory as a kid?
Summer holidays with my Grandparents, my bro and I would pack a huge suitcase and sleepover for as long as we could, they would take us to the seaside and we'd swim and get fish and chips etc. (my Grandparents were British so they called the Beach the Seaside!) We did this a lot because unfortunately both our parents worked full time.
I also loved spending the summer with my best friends at the park or the beach house etc.
2. What is your favourite summer drink?
I'm a lemon lime and bitters girl! Also love a good chocolate milkshake! And I'm not adverse to beer ;)
3. What is your favourite summer TV show?
Summer TV sucks actually, they take off all the good shows because everyone is out enjoying summer! - I do get addicted to Big Brother, sadly! And the Tennis, I love the tennis!
4. What is the best outdoor summer activity?
Going to the tennis is my absolute favourite! BBQing, swimming, soccer or cricket in the park!
5. What are your summer vacation essentials?
Flowy dresses, short shorts, good books, swimsuit!

What are your summer favourites? Xx

Sunday Social

8 comments:

  1. I have fond memories of spending time w/my grandparents in the summer too.

    If it's any consolation to you about the weather, it was shorts weather last week, and winter coat weather this week (at the end of May!). Our heater just kicked on. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved spending time with my grandparents too. :)
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/sunday-social-3/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed to have been able to spend time with your grandparents. My maternal grandmother lived in Jamaica most of my life and my paternal grandmother passed away when I was in third grade. My children spend a lot of time with my parents. I am glad they are active in their lives.

    Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
    concrete repairs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was in summer heat as well, it's raining today. They say it will be fine the rest of the week, but seriously I could do with some sunshine at the moment. I love grandparents, though mine are all passed away now...I miss my grandmother dearly. Enjoy your time with them always :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's finally summer here. Woo, I love Pepsi for anytime, no matter in summer or winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BBQ'ing and swimming are the best thing to do in the summer!!

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogethex3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's nice to read your memories. i want to call the beach the seaside too. it sounds more poetic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!