Thursday, 27 June 2013

"Just reach deep down and let the scary out!"


A few days ago I mentioned how excited I was for Monsters University and Despicable Me 2 - I was like a little kid at Christmas ...or just ME at Christmas!! Well, on Tuesday night my friend and I went to see Monsters University, and it was AWESOME! My heart always beats a little bit faster when the Disney opening title with Sleeping Beauty's castle and the When you wish upon a Star  theme comes on, I was literally bouncing with happiness! 

MU is the prequel to Monsters Inc. - I can vividly remember seeing Monsters Inc. at the cinema with my Aunt & Uncle and bro, I would've been about 12 years old ..yikes!  - and tells the story of how Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan, both scaring majors, meet at college. The story centres around a frat house competition that brings rivals Mike and Sully together with a few underdogs - basically it's the nerds vs the cool kids!

I thought the movie was suuuuuuper cute and really funny!  It was very charming and it didn't ruin the first movie, I also loved the little hints and throwbacks (or forwards!) to Monsters Inc . It is visually stunning and the list of stars that lend their voices is pretty cool too - Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Helen Mirren,John Krasinski - I love trying to spot them all! I also got a little teary at the end, but that's what Disney does to me! I definitely left with such a high!! Oh, and I must mention that the short at the beginning was simply wonderful!!


I'm so curious to know how much going to the cinema costs you - here, it's a ridiculous $19 on a regular day (Tuesdays are $12) - which is why I always go on Tuesday nights!!

Have you seen MU yet? What about Despicable Me 2? Xx

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen either yet! My sister and I have been watching both the originals non- stop with my nephew

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Monsters Inc last week and loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!