Friday, 5 July 2013

I thought of you today...

 
Today is my Papa's death anniversary. I can't believe it's been fourteen years without him. He was my only Grandfather. It was also the first time I'd experienced death in my family. I still struggle with it to this day.
I miss his cheery laughter and the jokes he used to tell and I mostly miss being able to cuddle him and hold his hand. He was the kindest most wonderful man you could ever know. I am heartbroken that he was taken so early.
I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday and the day before that too.
I think of you in silence. I often say your name.
But all I have are memories and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I'll never part.
God has you in His keeping. I have you in my heart.
 
- Author Unknown
 
Xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Losing a grandparent is tough stuff,especially if he or she was the only one you were blessed to know. He's a handsome man. Thinking of you through this tough time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry he was taken so early. I lost mine in 2005, I miss being with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful tribute to your dad. I lost my father when my mom was expecting me, and I still miss him (43 years later).

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so sad about your papa! :( i miss my grandparents too. super glad you got to know your papa's kindness and love, and that you carry those parts of him with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!