Sunday, 4 August 2013

Sunday Social

Last night my best friend and I went to see Swan Lake at His Majesty's Theatre, performed by The St. Petersburg Ballet, and oh my lord it was the most stunning thing ever! The music was so lovely and the costumes and dancing were magnificent, I had chills the whole night! I love ballet and I wish so much that I could've been a touring Ballerina! I'm told by my Mother that she sent me to Ballet class when I was little and I left crying and wanting to quit after the first day! If only I could tell my silly 5 year old self to man up and stick it out!

Onto this weeks social! 


Catcher in the Rye. Source: Cloudline Chic Flows.

1. What are 3 items you can't live without on a daily basis (water, food, shelter, and clothes don't count)
TELEVISION ugh I hate to say it but it's true! My iPod or any device that allows me to listen to music and CHOCOLATE!!
2. What is your all time favourite book? Why?
The Catcher in the Rye - I'm so in love with Holdon, I love the way he talks and how opinionated and sassy he is. I love how much he complains and whines, he's a lot like me in that sense, I think we would totally get along!! And I love his phrases, like: "That kills me" ,"Phony as hell", "Depressed the hell out of me", "Knocked me Out"  etc. He talks the way I talk!
3. What is something you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2013?
Oh wow... I'd like to finish War and Peace! My Dad just bought it for me and it's over 1200 pages long, I think it might break me! I'd also like to read every unread book on my night stand, sorry that's so lame!
4. If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be?
2010 for sure! The year I turned 21 and went backpacking around the US - BEST YEAR! Or I'd love to be a kid again, when my Grandparents were still alive.
5. What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them?
I wish people knew that I'm awkward and shy and a total introvert - most people assume that I'm stuck up and snobby because I'm so quiet when I meet new people, but I'm really just an awkward mess!

Happy Sunday Xx



Sunday Social

10 comments:

  1. Swan Lake sounds amazing! It sounds like you had a really fun time :)

    Reviews Until You Drop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love catcher in the rye too. But, it's not my fav:P.

    Found you via Sunday Social blog hop!
    www.kickingkilos.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with being an introvert! Meeting new people is a bit nerve-wracking for me also! Good luck on War and Peace. I only made it about 1/5th of the way through Anna Karenina so hopefully you and Tolstoy get along better than he and I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo backpacking sounds fun :)

    Catherine
    www.catoura.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swan lake sounds so fun . The last question just got me , I honestly do HATE when someone hugs me without my humble consent , ugghh!
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catcher in the Rye is an awesome book choice and I gave nearly the exact same answer for #5. Why does quiet and shy have to be viewed as stuck up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to the ballet. Always something I've wanted to go to. No doubt that performance must've been beautiful. I lasted a week in ballet when I was 5, too! Graceful and Marla do NOT go together in the same sentence!!!!

    I know this sounds silly, but does a glass of wine or a beer help you loosen up around people. I find it helps me, just enough to take the edge off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cheriese, glad you enjoyed your time at the ballet! i want to see photos of your US backpacking trip. oh to go back in time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I backpacked around Europe when I was 23, I'd love to continue my adventures someday soon. I have about 4 books on my nightstand right now begging to be read!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!