Thursday, 16 January 2014

Currently

Ahhh, it's a post, an actual post! I've been terribly busy being lazy, ya know, reading books, watching the tennis, visiting IKEA and hiding from the heat! It's cooled off nicely today, I'm actually wearing a light cardigan ha! Right now I'm watching the Aus Open and sipping on some champagne and orange, shhhh, it's been sitting in my fridge since Christmas, getting flatter by the minute! 

I made a chocolate mug cake earlier, have you ever tried them? YUM! So quick! Just crack an egg, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1-2 Tbs of cocoa powder in a mug, whisk with a fork until combined and whack in the mirowave for 50-60 seconds, top with cream or ice cream and omgggg heaven, in literally a minute! There are so many awesome mug cake/brownie/cookie recipes, get onto it!


So here is January's Currently! I want to try and get at least one done a month, let's see how long this lasts!

Who has watched the third season of Sherlock?!?!?! OH MY LORD. I am so in love with this freaking show, it felt like an eternity of a wait for season 3, but it was so worth it! If you haven't watched it, DO! The season two final cliffhanger was enough to stress me out for weeks. And Benedict Cumberbatch is so bloody lush and gorgeous and omg swooooon! Get amongst it my friends! I'm also very happy that Mindy Project and New Girl are back from hiatus, wooooo!!


I mentioned earlier that in 2014 I'd like to read more books (yes I take recommendations, send them on over!) I also want to visit the library regularly, a couple times a month maybe. I very rarely visit the library, I tend to reserve my books online and pick them up when they are ready for me. Anyway, at the time of filling out my Currently card I was reading The Book Thief - wow what a book, I was hooked instantly. It is a very touching and emotional story, as you'd expect for 1940s Germany, and I absolutely fell in love with Liesel's father. It's really a beautiful book and if you haven't read it I absolutely recommend that you do! The movie is out now, I can't wait to see it! Having finished The Book Thief I've started The Night Circus, I'm finding it a little hard to get into but I think that's because I still have Liesel Meminger stuck in my mind.

I haven't been listening to much music lately to be honest. My current song obsessions are Rude by MAGIC (I love this song, gosh so catchy, I'm always swaying along to it! Take a listen and let me know what you think!), God Only Knows by MKTO and Happy by Pharrell Williams! I basically listen to the same songs I love on repeat for ages, until I become sick of them! I don't even know what new songs are out... anything good??

I've been feeling very artsy lately, I just want to sketch and draw and paint and look at art most of the time, I have nearly finished my Wreck this Journal, which is really exciting, I've taken my time with it and I'm mostly happy with what I've done, making random art makes my heart so happy!

Not planning much at the moment, Mum and Dad want us all to go on a family holiday this Easter, so looking into that right now, other than that there's nothing fun happening!

Lastly, apart from what I've mentioned above, here are a few things that I'm currently loving
New perfume. Sunshine on cool days. Redecorating. Packages on my doorstep. Paint under my fingernails. Family dinners. Jumping into a cold pool in 40+ heat.


What is currently happening with you?
Don't forget to send me book recommendations! Xx





4 comments:

  1. Sherlock comes on here on Sunday. My husband in Afghanistan has already watched it!!!! Agony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Sherlock! Season 3 was amazing and now I can't wait for the next season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love Sherlock, it was amazing!! I can't wait till it comes back!! I hope you have a great weekend doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently obsessed with the song Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire (plus I am kind of crushing on the hero of that film).
    I'd recommend you the book , the alchemist . I LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!