Thursday, 6 February 2014

Wreck Journal

Just a little update on my Wreck This Journal. For those of you that don't know, a Wreck This Journal is basically an art book with different prompts on every page asking the readers to destroy it, in many different ways. It's a great way to experience true creative freedom.

I got my Wreck Journal two Christmases ago and was super excited to start it! The first few weeks I had it I was really into it - finding ideas and inspiration, sketching things out, being all artsy and the like. Then the novelty wore off. Just like that. Here is a post I did a while back on the few pages I had completed before I lost interest.

I was really happy with the pages I had finished, I am a perfectionist after all. And the idea of "wrecking" the journal still bothers me. These past Christmas holidays I pulled it out again and have been having a ball with it! My creative spark has returned and it feels great. Most nights I just get the urge to splatter some paint or draw random things and this journal has broadened my artistic side, and somewhat opened my eyes to the way I see things (corny, I know!)

Anyway, I'd love to share more pages with you - Here is a page that was pretty simple, not so much wrecking involved, and it left me feeling pretty happy. The prompt simply states:

LOSE THIS PAGE.
(throw it out)
ACCEPT THE LOSS.



OK, I didn't feel like throwing it out, so here is what I did....



I wrote a little note on the back -
I hope you are enjoying this book & I hope this note makes you smile xx



and then I shoved it into a random page of the last library book I read.



Shhh!
I really hope that the Librarian doesn't find it, I just want it to be passed onto a random stranger!

I feel like I can accept the loss like this, in my mind I'm picturing some fabulous teenage girl finally getting to page 166 of Where'd You Go Bernadette? and seeing my note and getting all happy and excited because of course she knows what a Wreck This Journal is, hell, she's already destroyed her own and wishes she had done something this corny and cute to her own 'Lose This Page (throw it out) Accept The Loss' page. 

With my luck it'll be a forty year old beefy biker dude with tattoos on his neck. I hope he enjoys the book (and my note) all the same!


What would you have done with this page? Could you simply throw it out and accept the loss?
More Wreck Journal updates to come xx




4 comments:

  1. THAT is an awesome idea! I hope the reader finds it and enjoys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea, I love it :)) Have a great weekend doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love idea of WTJ , need to have it. But I would NOT throw that page , in fact I won't ever tear it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did that! I REALLY hope said girl finds the page and it makes her day. I probably would have hung up the page on the little cork board that's on my desk. Why not?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!