Thursday, 13 March 2014

Currently

Happy Thursday lovelies! It's so humid and grey today, it's hard to breathe in the muggy air and the smell of rain is upon us, hooray! Also, my cousin said she had a fantastic time at her ball, she looked so beautiful - I posted a picture of her all dolled up on my Instagram last week - you have to check out how stunning she looked in her amazing dress!




I've been watching a lot of Parks & Recreation, that's basically how I spend my weekends now, I'm currently on season five! Arrested Development is another fave and re-runs have been airing late at night, it's usually the last thing I watch before I go to bed!

I've read quite a fair few books this past month - when I visited the library last I left with a stack of books and they've kept me busy for a bit! I really enjoyed I Heart New York by Lyndsey Kelk - very cute and light and I can't wait to read the other books in this series!
I didn't end up reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - I tried to but I couldn't get into it which was a shame because I've heard good things about it, I've been an emotional mess lately and I just think it's not a good time at the moment but I will try again soon! Do you have any other book recommendations for me?


I'm utterly obsessed with The 1975 at the moment (yes, partly because I've got a major crush on Matty Healy right now) I cannot stop listening to their album. My absolute fave songs are Settle Down and Girls. They're very alternative/indie so that's right up my alley! I really love the clip for Girls - have a listen and let me know what you think!

Planning our family trip to Singapore, I'm actually so excited! Have you been? I've only ever been to the airport when I'm in transit, it's a mega airport, I always have a ball there! I've been making lists and doing my research! Mainly, I can't wait to shop and eat! Also looking forward to visiting Universal Studios and I've heard the Night Safari is amazing, eeeee!

Other than the excitement of a holiday I haven't been feeling too good for a while, just a little down about some things. I'm so lucky to have such awesome support from my friends and family, hoping this little funk will pass soon!

I made some awesome M&M and Oreo bites for my little cousins Birthday - recipe found here.
I totally forgot to take a pic, booo! But it's basically a recipe where you can throw in whatever you have in your pantry/fridge without having to go out and buy things, which is awesome! They were really yum and extremely moorish, I'd definitely recommend them!

I'm completely loving the new seasons of Survivor and The Amazing Race - I'm hooked already, sucha reality TV nerd!! Other things that are completely rocking my socks are: Fresh bedsheets to start of a new week, Neapolitan ice cream and The Mindy Project being renewed for a third season, YAY!!


What is currently happening in your universe?
Wishing you a happy rest of the week Xx


4 comments:

  1. This week I've been binge watching Modern Family and reading every single article I can on the disappearing Malaysian plane. That ish is crazy!
    I'm so very sorry to hear you're feeling down, please let me know if I can give you some words of wisdom.. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been down lovely...I hope you can feel better soon *hugs* We can all feel this way sometimes, it can be crap, but it soon passes & I hope it passes for you soon. I've had some days of feeling the same way, but they are getting better. Sometimes a good cry lets it all out and away too. *hug* I haven't watched a lot of anything this week, though I did watch labyrinth last night, haha. I do love that movie. I hope you have a gorgeous weekend doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love hearing someone else likes the mega airports. So many people grouch about them, but I have a ball in them too. :)

    Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love arrested development! I just love all the awkwardness :p and I haven't read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close but I did see the movie and I bawled like someone had died for real, and if the book is indeed better than the movie then I'm in trouble!

    www.dianamechelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!