Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Currently

Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a fab Mother's Day and were spoilt rotten, or that you spoiled your Mum rotten!!!


This month's trip to the Library saw me coming out with a mega stack of books! I started by reading Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera - I hate to admit it by I was really bored by this, and the only reason I took it out is because I'm a Jane Austen fan, I was very disappointed. But I did love Air Kisses by Zoe Foster (she's one of my fave authors) and I simply adored Geek Girl by Holly Smale - so far that's all I've read from the pile, I'm about to start Stupid and Contagious right after I post this!

 

I had a baking night with a girlfriend last week, it was so much fun! We made Donna Hay Standby Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cookies (these are the BEST cookies I've ever had, EVER!) and Chocolate Chunk, Apricot & Oat Cookies - YUUUUUMM! They all turned out superbly and I definitely recommend that you try all of these!!!

I also made some Mother's Day Cards - I saw them on Pinterest and knew I had to try them! I'm super pleased with the finished product but I really need to get a whole heap of different craft punches, there's not a whole lot in stores here so I'll have to scour the interwebs! I'm too lazy to keep cutting every little thing out by hand and also as you can see I'm pretty shit with a pair of scissors - punches would make it look a lot neater and cleaner! Let me know if you know any good sites!

I've been feeling super artsy and motivated to create things - I'm not sure how to describe it, but I love finding new inspirations to channel my creativity!


Lately I've been watching a lot of Bob's Burgers - it's actually become a late night addiction! I think it's super hilarious!

After seeing him in concert (for like the third time ever) I've been listening to a lot of Michael Buble - you know that high you get after seeing someone live? Yeah, well that still hasn't left me, and I'm just trying to soak it all up! I also found myself listening to Whitney Houston this morning, I don't know, it just felt like that kind of morning!

I'm planning absolutely nothing at the moment, other than what I'm going to spend my birthday money on, which seems to be all clothes and baking stuff!

I'm currently loving: Tina from Bob's Burgers, she's my spirit animal! Also this biker jacket and these Soludos!


What is currently happening in your world lovely?
xx

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your book thoughts. The baked goodies look delicious!
    I don't have much going on currently, a little reading; work and yardwork.
    Have a wonderful day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch Bob's Burger's when I lay in bed too. Haha, It makes me giggle then I fall asleep. I hope you've had a great Mother's day & a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a stack of books like that to read. I haven't seen Bob's Burgers yet but I know I would like it if I took the time to watch it. I would love to see Michael Buble in concert - it is on my life list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is hilarious, loved that. The brownies, yum!! I love love some brownies, haha!! Amazing. I hope you are well peach & having a great week so far xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post reminded me that I promised the kids I'd bake today. They want cookies when they get home from school today. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read confessions of a Jane Austen Addict. I haven't gotten around to it yet. I love the baked goods. They looks absolutely delicious. I love the picture of William and Kate in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I want to have a baking night with you!

    Last night I started watching the UK version of Shameless. I couldn't understand a bloody word they were saying! I was like, Hugh Grant doesnt talk like that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!