Monday, 9 June 2014

Holiday Snaps - Gardens by the Bay

Yeah yeah, I know it's been nearly two months since my trip to Singapore, but I've been stuck in holiday mode this whole time, and now that I've come down from my holiday high I can finally share some pics with you!! Better late than never, eh?

Singapore is a really beautiful clean place, which is why I loved it so much! It was very hot and humid when we went (which it is basically all year round) and we also got caught in monsoonal rain when we visited the zoo, which was the only annoyance of the whole trip!

I was going to share my whole holiday in one post but there were too many pictures and stories so I'll have to do them in parts - at least I won't be short of posts for a while!



Gardens by the Bay

As it was Eastertime when we visited it was Tulipmania in the Flower Dome and they had beautiful Dutch houses on display, along with gorgeous little windmills and I particularly loved the wooden chairs and clogs, so sweet! They also have really lovely flowers, plants and trees from all over the world, and I was swooning over the Mexican garden!

After the Flower Dome we went over to the Cloud Forest, which was definitely my favourite! As you enter it's just this beautiful 35-metre tall mountain covered in lush vegetation and the largest indoor waterfall, it's really a wonder! You take a lift to the top and make your way down via a walkway, it's like walking in the clouds! The walls are covered in vertical plants and delicate orchids, ferns and other stunning greenery. I hardly got any pictures because I was just in awe of everything!

In the evening they have a beautiful light and music show at Supertree Grove - the Supertrees are 16 storeys high and can be found all over the Gardens, they are covered in plants and are simply stunning - it's really cleverly done! You can also take a stroll on the OCBC Skyway, which is a long walkway that connects to the Supertrees, just for a different view of the fascinating light show!












Admission is $28 for Adults and $15 for Children and this gets you into both the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest.

OCBC Skyway is $5 for Adults and $3 for Children.

They also have a Children's Garden with Tree Houses and Water Play and a number of other Gardens to wander around in, all of which are free!




5 comments:

  1. What a marvellous place, I want to go here :))))) I love it, so perfect!! Am happy you shared it doll, I hope you have a great week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nit looks like fun! Check out those branchy looking chairs, how cool! That is pretty amazing. I'm glad ya had fun. I want to go now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to your coming posts from your holiday :) What made you choose Singapore?
    p.s. 2 months late is acceptable, sure I've still got photos from last summer that I want to put up! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I was wondering if you were ever going to post pictures from your trip. I can't believe it's been almost 2 months already. Time really flies. I just can't get over the beauty of those tulips. I'm sure the pictures don't do any of it justice, especially the lightshow. Seems like something you definitely have to see live and in person to truly get the full effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You saw a lot of really awesome things there (and got some fantastic pictures!). ! I love the waterfall. It looks like there were a lot of different kinds of cacti there too. What a wonderful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!