Thursday, 14 August 2014

Goodbye my love xxx


I have some pretty heartbreaking news to share with you today - my darling cat passed away two nights ago. She had been very sick the last few weeks - hadn't been eating, lost so much weight and eventually on Tuesday she just slept in the corner all day, barely able to move. It was so hard to watch her like that. It was even harder saying goodbye, when my parents decided to take her to the vet late on Tuesday evening we all knew that she wouldn't be coming home.

It has been a very emotional few days in my house, everyone has been so quiet and down, I haven't been able to stop crying. Every time I glance out the window or walk past her spot in the lounge I just want to crumble.

I've lost pets before but she is the first I've lost as an adult and this somehow feels different.  We had her for nearly seventeen years, her birthday is actually this coming Saturday. I do take great comfort in knowing that she is not in any pain now but I honestly never knew it would be this heartbreaking. It just feels so strange without her, so empty. Some people might not get it but she was honestly my best friend.


She was the cat with the silent meow - she would open her mouth but there would hardly be any sound, except when she was hungry!! She loved rolling around the autumn leaves and the sand, and it always surprised me how white her white bits were! She loved to lick butter off my fingers, she loved to stare at birds and silently meow at them. She disliked strangers and hated being picked up by anyone other than me or my brother. She loved empty boxes and always loved to sit on the keyboard when there was a whole desk free for her to roam on! And she love love loved to sleep by the roses in the back yard, and that's where we've buried her.


I've always always thought she was the prettiest cat I've ever seen, so lovely and feminine. I don't know, maybe I'm biased. Even the way she would sit on her hind legs, always posing. 



I hope you've found someplace sunny my love xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Aww, she was such a beautiful kitty. I'm sure she's comfortable on a cat bed as we speak. It is hard as an adult to lose an animal. I'm sorry honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Losing a pet is so much harder when they've been in your life for decades. She grew up with you and probably really helped you through some tough times. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life.
    Major interweb hugs your way today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful cat. I do believe she has found a better place. :( My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your kitty doll, so sad. But, I am happy knowing she had a loving owner such as you, her days would have been filled with love and happiness and that is best of all. Keep her alive in your heart doll and she'll never be too far xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the loss of your cat. I can relate. My kitties are like my children. It does get easier but we never forget our furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweet girl, my heart aches for you. I'm so sorry for this loss, 17 years is a very long time. Please know I'm thinking of you, and no doubt she has found a lovely sunny place to lay out and relax in heaven.
    <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was a beauty. It is completely understandable to be sad, 17 years is a long time. I'm sorry about your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!