Wednesday 12 December 2012

I Heart Christmas: Christmas Music

Hey guys, todays date is 12/12/12 – I am utterly excited, I don’t know why, I’m a weirdo OK!!

It’s the very last repetitive date you’ll ever see, so cherish it!!
Now to another awesome Christmas post!!!
As I write this I’m playing Michael Buble’s Christmas album, it’s blasting through my house!!

I confess that I am a Christmas music addict - I can’t get enough. I am one of those annoying people who are delighted when department stores start playing those wonderful, joyous songs mid-November!! They are such feel-good songs and I love the memories that go along with them.
Here are some of my Favourite Christmas Songs, just to get you in the mood!
 
White Christmas – Michael Buble & Shania Twain. The Drifter’s version is awesome too!! This is my favourite Christmas song ever! It always makes me think of that scene in Home Alone when Kevin puts on his Dads aftershave!! I’m super in love with this upbeat version, it makes me want to dance and sing along!

Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley (Also love Buble’s version too) Elvis’s voice is the epitome of sexy to me!! This makes me want to sway and clap and sing along, even though it’s kind of a depressing song! Buble’s jazz/big band rendition is just sooooo amazing!!

Baby, it’s Cold Outside – Dean Martin. Another smooth crooner! I fell in love with this song when Zooey Deschanel sang it in Elf. There are so many gorgeous versions of this song - I can’t decide which one I like best!
 
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Judy Garland. Ahh, Meet me in St. Louis, love that movie!! Her voice is perfection and it’s one of those songs that will have me singing it to myself for days! Zooey Deschanel does a lovely version of this one! (And Buble too!!!)
 
Do They Know It's Christmas? – Band Aid. This always makes me cry!!
 
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree – She & Him. Another one to dance along to! This song also makes me think of Home Alone when Kevin is throwing his ‘fake party’ hehe!!

 Mary's Boy Child / Oh My Lord - Boney M. Can’t you just imagine me bopping along to this!!? LOVE IT!
I remember last year when I was in England this song was played a lot on Christmas day and every time we all had a good little boogie!

Auld Lang Syne – When we were kids we used to sing this the second it clicked to midnight on Jan 1st! Great memories! 

Santa Baby – Michael Buble. I don’t know who else has done this song, but I love Buble’s version and it’s just started playing so I thought I’d add it to the list!!

 Honourable mention:
Last Christmas – Wham! This gets played every year in my house, without fail. I have so many fond memories associated with this song - some people really hate it and think its lame but it’s one of those songs that you have to belt out when you hear it!
 
 
What are your favourite Christmas songs? Or do you absolutely despise them?? 
In the meantime I’ll leave you with this little beauty- Get those hips swaying lovely!! xx
 

2 comments:

  1. the do they know it's christmas is a clincher. that song is so sad, but poignant. last christmas by wham makes me laugh cause it's so cheesy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby its cold outside is my favorite! Michael Buble & Dean Martin kick ass.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!