Tuesday 16 February 2021

Sweet 16

I'm taking part in the Pinkfresh Studio February 2021 Challenge - this month's prompt is Alphas/Words. This was really perfect timing as I have an upcoming 16th Birthday and decided to focus on the word "Sweet"! I initially struggled with this card, I knew that I wanted to use lots of quirky patterned papers but I was so undecided about the layout and colours!

I started by die cutting the Pinkfresh Studio Braided Tag from this cute paper and layered it on top of some purple card. The 'Sweet" and "16" were die cut using Pinkfresh Studio Heather Lowercase

To make the "16" pop a bit more, I decided to cut a circle out of vellum and then dipped the edges into some Versamark Watermark ink and added some Shrinking Violet WOW embossing glitter. To add a bit more interest, I stamped and die cut some Pinkfresh Studio Lovely Blossoms as well as floral ephemera from Pinkfresh Studio Days of Splendor and added them to the bottom of the tag.

The bow was made with the We R Memory Keepers 123 Punch Board.

This challenge really pulled me out of my creative slump and I'm happy with how it all came together in the end!

How de we feel about the quirky mish mash of patterned papers and colours? I'm kinda digging it!




1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with our February challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my heart happy!